Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Days of Christmas ~ 16

For the past years or so we have hosted a "Christmas at the Parsonage" as our gift to our church people. It is a night we really look forward to and enjoy! This year was no exception! We had around 35 or so people who were able to come. There was enough food to have fed about twice that many....:) I'm paranoid about not having enough so I always do way to much, but, hey we have lots of leftovers!! We have the best group of people in the world!! They make pastoring a very lovely thing!! Now I can set back and relax...all I have left to do before Christmas is:
1. Finish my shopping
2. Wrap about 50 gifts
3. Address 100 Christmas cards
4. Decide if I will write a letter to go in those cards
5. If I decide to include a letter then I'll have to write it
6. Get those cards mailed
7. Bake sugar cookies and decorate them
I think I'll just stop there cause I'm already exhausted just typing the list!! :)



Some of the ladies getting ready to dive in...


John and Nancy Fields hanging out with Troy


One of the counters filled with food.....


Dessert.....aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!

I'm really feeling good about today since I'm getting my post done 15 minutes before midnight!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds delicious indeed.Thanks Jennifer Truitt for sharing.Wish you a Merry Xmas n New Year in advance.


Cheers!!
Order n Send Your Christmas Gifts|Gifts to hyderabad|Get your Free New Year Gift today

Brittany said...

You've just made me hungry! Wow - it all looks so yummy! Do those wonderful people know how blessed they are to have such a great pastor's family?!

Ronda said...

Looks like you had a great ladies Christmas party...Hope that you had a wonderful holiday season! :)Happy 2010!